Γενικά αυτοκινητιστικά θέματα
Άβαταρ μέλους
By Corto Maltese
#1170 Βεβαια σ'αυτά θα ήμουν κομματάκι προσεκτικός γιατί μπορεί να βρεις κενό μόνο ανάμεσα σε θέσεις, να φύγουν οι πρώην μαλάκες και να αφήσουν εσένα να γίνεσαι ρεζίλι
Άβαταρ μέλους
By Ernani
#1179 Πολύ σωστά, αλλά στο συγκεκριμένο σημείο έχει μόνο δυο διαθέσιμες θέσεις (υπάρχει και μια τρίτη με μπάρες που δεν μπορείς να παρκάρεις).

Δεν βοηθάει και η φωτογραφία, βέβαια, αλλά όσοι έχουν επισκεφτεί το μέρος, θα το ξέρουν.
Άβαταρ μέλους
By Dimsabas
#1846 60άρα κινείται στη μέση του δρόμου με το καροτσάκι της λαϊκής. Ο τύπος τραβάει μια σύντομη κόρνα, ένα μπιπ. Γυρνάει αυτή και τον αρχίζει στις φωνές: "Τι κορνάρεις ρε?" και τα σχετικά. Τι να της εξηγήσεις τώρα...
Άβαταρ μέλους
By Serf

The dramatic film, captured on a head-cam fitted to the rider’s helmet, shows the moment a car crosses into the path of Norwich motorcyclist David Holmes who was killed on the A47 at Honingham in June last year.

David’s story, a video featuring clips including the collision as well as an interview with his mother Brenda, has been produced by police with the full support of all his family, who hope the campaign will prevent further deaths.

Viewers of the video are warned that it contains content which some may find distressing, but it does not show any graphic images of the rider during or after the collision and they are given the option to refrain from viewing.

The 38-year-old had been travelling at about 97mph at the time of the collision. While he was travelling above the speed limit the driver admitted to police in interview that he had not seen David, nor a car behind the motorcycle, prior to the collision.

Chief Inspector Chris Spinks, head of the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads Policing Unit, said the video was hard-hitting and understood public opinion would be divided.

He said: “The video is shocking; however this is the reality of fatal collisions. The emotions people may experience after seeing this video can only touch the surface of those feelings that families and friends go through when losing a loved one in this way.

“The consequences of fatal collisions are devastating for all involved and as such our message though education has to reflect this. I firmly believe this footage is powerful enough to make riders and drivers think about their behaviour on the road; and most important of all, change it for the better.

“I understand releasing such footage will divide opinion; David’s family are in full support of the material being released and we’ve worked closely with his mother Brenda to ensure this is achieved in an effective and sensitive way.

“The causes of collisions are almost always the result of driver or rider behaviour. Motorists, be it on two wheels or four, need to take responsibility for their actions. I would urge riders and drivers to think about their behaviour and what changes they could make to improve their own safety and that of others on the road.

“I’m confident this campaign will make people take time to think about their actions on the roads and allow David’s family to take something positive out of this tragic event.

“The aim of releasing this footage is not to achieve agreement from the public; it’s about delivering messages around road safety and how deaths can be prevented. I welcome the fact it will create debate and, in my view, this will get people talking about road safety; their actions behind the wheel or on a bike and it will go some way to achieving our aims.”

David had been travelling from King’s Lynn towards Norwich when the collision happened at the crossroads with Woods Lane and Berrys Lane. The driver of the Renault, who admitted not seeing David or the car travelling behind, was prosecuted in April. While David was travelling above the speed limit, a number of other drivers had seen both the motorbike and the other car.

Ch Insp Spinks added: “We know from the footage that David was travelling up to 100mph. Regardless of the speed of the bike, the car manoeuvre should not have been attempted. Clearly, he was taking a risk and has paid the ultimate price. The majority of bikers ride responsibly however, I’m sure many will relate to the riding style seen in this video. We know motorcyclists are a vulnerable group and this sad case is a reminder to all roads users to be alert to what is going on around you and to lower your speed.”

David’s mother Brenda, a retired nurse who lives in North Walsham, said she hoped that by telling her story, she could help prevent another family going through the heartache they had and continue to experience.

She said: “I want to be involved in this campaign because I feel something positive can come out of his loss. If we can prevent one accident; one family going through what we have been through then David would not have died in vain.

“I know he rode fast that day, he loved speed but he also loved life. This hasn’t been an easy thing to do but I just hope that somebody benefits from the warning; that people slow down and take time to look for bikes. I’m not a perfect driver, I’ve done silly things sometimes and I’ve been lucky to get away with them, David wasn’t lucky, the driver wasn’t lucky.”

Brenda has seen the footage and said one of the saddest things for her is that he could see what was going to happen. “He must have had a moment of fear at the end of his life; I find that very hard to deal with. David was the most wonderful son and his loss has left such a void in our lives. Being without him has changed everything; our lives ended that day and I can truly say I know the meaning of heartache, it really does hurt; it’s a physical pain.”

No comments...
Άβαταρ μέλους
By Dimitris_P
#5769 Πάνο με πρόλαβες, ήθελα να το ονομάσω "Μιάσματα on & off road"

Εχθές στην κάθοδο του Κηφισού παπάκιας έκανε σφήνες και την έλεγε και στους οδηγούς από πάνω :s_dunno
Άβαταρ μέλους
By Wagner669
#6748 ωραια.... και το ψαχνα αυτο το τοπικ :s_cool
Άβαταρ μέλους
By vice246
#7073 αν και οφτοπικ εκφραζω τη χαρα μου για την επαναδραστηριοποιηση του @ernani....

λογω της τελευταιας νεας επαγγελματικης δραστηριοτητας κινουμαι καθημερινα στην πολη για πολλα χιλιομετρα και αυτο που βλεπω ειναι η αισθητη βελτιωση της τηρησης του κοκ...σε οτι αφορα φαναρια και προτεραιοτητα...πιστευω λογω κρισης και αυτοπροστασιας στα γερα προστιμα και κοστος λαμαριναδων....
εκει που εχει ξεφυγει παντου η κατασταση ειναι στα διπλο-τριπλο παρκαρισματα...που αποτελουν και τον κυριοτερο λογο για τα βασανιστικα μποτιλιαρισματα....
Άβαταρ μέλους
By Cosmonaut21
#7341 Καθημερινό πλέον φαινόμενο τώρα που άνοιξε καφετέρια απέναντι.Από τις 8 το πρωί ως τις 20.00 το βράδυ παρκάρουν συνέχεια μπροστά από το γκαράζ για 1-2-5 λεπτά (και καλά) για καφέ.Αν τυχόν είναι να φύγεις πρέπει να περιμένεις.Δεν υπερβάλω.Μπροστά από την καφετέρια χωράει 1 αυτοκίνητο και όσοι έρχονται από την άλλη μεριά,του σπιτιού δηλαδή,επειδή δεν υπάρχει αλλού χώρος να παρκάρουν πάνε και το αφήνουν μπροστά στην γκαραζόπορτα.Το χειρότερο απ'όλα είναι ότι λύση δε νομίζω να βρεθεί.
Άβαταρ μέλους
By kacey
#7353 Α) Πινακιδα "Μην παρκαρετε, πεφτουν μπαζα". Ή "...πεφτουν γλαστρες".

β) μιλα με το καφετζη, και αντιστοιχα με την αντιμετωπιση του διαλεξε αντιδραση. Μπορει να εκπλαγεις. Εγω, οταν πελατες μου εκαναν το ιδιο για να σταματησουν στο μαγαζι μου, τους ελεγα να πανε να παρκαρουν αλλου.
Άβαταρ μέλους
By Cosmonaut21
#7391 Την 1η λύση με τα μπαζα δεν την είχα σκεφτεί :P . Το 2ο το δοκίμασα αλλά τζίφος δεν μπορείς να συνεννοηθείς και σε κοιτάνε και με μισό μάτι.Εστω αφού με ξερουν και τους ξέρω και πάντα κάποιος βρίσκεται έξω για τα τραπέζια,τις ώρες που γνωρίζουν ότι θα φυγω ή θα γυρίσω ας εξυπηρετήσουν πιο γρήγορα άμα είναι ή ας πουν μια κουβέντα σε όποιον παρκαρει.Λυσεις και μάλιστα απλουστατες υπαρχουν ώστε να βολευτούν όλοι.Αλλα..... Εν τω μεταξύ έχει τύχει να είναι ανοιχτή η πόρτα και να κάνω όπισθεν και να σταματάει άλλος από πίσω και να μου φωνάζει κιόλας.Οχι μια και δυο,πολλές φορές.Δεν πίστευα ότι υπάρχουν τόσοι πολλοί πια αναίσθητοι για να μη γράφω τίποτα άλλο.