Forum για τη Formula 1
Άβαταρ μέλους
By g8777
#432046 Εικόνα

An open letter to Alonso: Why you should swap F1 for IndyCar

:s_cry :s_cry :s_cry :s_cry :s_cry :s_cry :s_cry :s_cry :s_cry :s_cry

Ραγιζουνε τα μαρμαρα σημερα. :s_cry :s_cry :s_cry :s_cry

Millions of racing fans have long considered you one of the greatest ever F1 drivers. We’ve marveled at your dedication to duty in the garage, tenacity on track, racing judgment, bravery and skill.

Εικόνα

We’ve admired your ultra competitiveness that turned you terminally resentful at McLaren first time around, 2007, when you encountered F1 rookie phenomenon Lewis Hamilton as your teammate.

Εικόνα

We knew that partnership wasn’t going to end well, because of how irritated you’d been on the two or three occasions when your Renault teammate Giancarlo Fisichella managed to outqualify you or just happened to be in your way. Jarno Trulli’s one-lap pace you’d learned to deal with; you pretty much knew you’d demolish him on raceday because of your in-built warrior spirit.

Εικόνα

And that has always been your defining characteristic. In terms of refusal to quit, you’ve belonged up among the gods of grand prix racing with Tazio Nuvolari, Stirling Moss, Gilles Villeneuve and Ayrton Senna, and it’s an attribute that has a truly galvanizing effect on all who work with you. It explains why former McLaren director Ron Dennis in 2014 carefully rebuilt the bridges the pair of you had burned in ’07, and lured you back.

Εικόνα

And yet now there are strong rumors, which you’ve only half denied, that at Spa-Francorchamps you parked a healthy car.

Εικόνα

Your fans will see your despair as the ultimate indictment – along with the points table – of this pathetically unproductive partnership between McLaren and Honda, second time around. Some may even say that this is proof that you don’t care about the money; that having a competitive car means everything to you. Your critics will say that, for what you get paid, you should drive your racecar come what may.

I guess I’m somewhere in the middle, in that I don’t like the idea of a driver capitulating while driving an operational racecar. Nigel Mansell did it in his final F1 start for McLaren, the 1995 Spanish GP, and it signaled the end of that ill-conceived partnership.

On the other hand, most people would understand your despair. We sympathized when you finished runner-up in the championship in both 2012 and 2013, despite having a demonstrably inferior car to the Red Bull of champion Sebastian Vettel. Many of us felt you had at least proven that you were still the best.

The fact that the stat books can’t – and never will – confirm this assumption is a source of irritation to your fans, so one can only imagine how mortifying the situation is for yourself that your last championship came 11 years ago, your last race win more than four years ago.

Εικόνα

Since the start of 2014, your best results have been three fifth places; over the same period you’ve seen erstwhile teammate Hamilton rack up 37 wins and two championships, the now-retired Nico Rosberg take 20 wins and a title, and even your replacement at Ferrari, Vettel, has achieved seven wins at Maranello and may become champion for a fifth time this year.

Εικόνα
Εικόνα

what are your options for 2018? You’re locked out of Ferrari for now. Mercedes is likely to remain the domain of Hamilton, with the equable and quick Valtteri Bottas as an extremely cheap No. 2 (or No. 1.5, to be fair) that allows the team to 1) plow what would be your retainer into developing the car and 2) maintain harmony in the ranks.

Red Bull’s performance is roughly the same as Ferrari’s when you left. It pains me to point out that Williams hasn’t built a race-winning car in years. McLaren’s only alternative to Honda is Renault, which might make its cars more reliable and a little faster, but would still leave you struggling for podium finishes, let alone wins. Renault, Haas and Toro Rosso aren’t going to spend zillions to hire you, because they know that even your monumental talent isn’t going to bridge the gap to Mercedes and Ferrari.

Εικόνα

Which leaves…?

IndyCar.

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Now hear me out, señor. If you’re prepared to take a colossal pay-cut – think $4.7m rather than $47m – there are teams and sponsors who’d trip over themselves to make it happen.

Εικόνα

Fernando, just think: for the first time in God-knows-how-long, you could join a high-speed open-wheel racing series where once again you are the difference maker, where your talents and relentless drive can take you to victory, where your natural feel for a car’s handling and tire life, and your capacity to think while driving at the limit, will immediately put you in the top echelon of drivers.

Εικόνα

the series will always welcome another prestigious team, particularly one with a brief but successful history in Indy car racing. Many might see it as logical for you to return to Andretti Autosport, which appears to be heading back to its former greatness, or to at least stick with the Honda brand, since Honda Performance Development’s engines appear to have an edge over the Chevrolets (for now).

Εικόνα

So next time you’re classified 18th because your power unit’s MGU-H or MGU-K has turned into a POS, or next time a Mercedes goes past you so quick that it feels like you’re in a GP2 car, try and recall the immense gratification you felt on those distant days when you were able to stand on the center step of a victory podium.

Εικόνα

See you in St. Pete. I hope.

Kind regards,

Malsher

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Εικόνα
Άβαταρ μέλους
By sparticle
#432680 Άσχετο αλλα μολις το διαβασα:

Αλόνσο είναι οδηγός της Φόρμουλα 1 και αυτό που λέει ένας Λαρισαίος όταν τον ρωτάνε σε ποιο νησί πήγε διακοπές το καλοκαίρι.
Άβαταρ μέλους
By Geo f1
#434298 Alonso will analyse Renault data before new McLaren deal

:inlove: :inlove:

:iconcool:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alon ... ne-953432/

Ετσι πρεπει..Μην την ξαναπατησει οπως με τους gp2 engine.
Άβαταρ μέλους
By vengas

H πορεία του Αλόνσο αυτη τη δεκαετια ειναι η αντιθετη σε σχεση με την προηγουμενη δεκαετια..
το 2010, 2012 κοντεψε να παρει πρωταθλημα, το 2000, 2002 δεν έτρεχε
το 2015, 2016, 2017 πάτωσε με την Χοντα, το 2005, 2006, 2007 έπαιρνε νικες και πήρε τιτλο/ήταν φιναλιστ
και αν θυμαστε το 2006 νικουσε στις πιστες που δεν ειχε νικησει το 2005 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Επομένω το βλέπω να ξανανικήσει το 2019 γιατι είχε ψιλοπατώσει το 2009 :shifty:

Δώστε κανα καλό κινητηρα πουτ@νες και αφηστε τις εργοστασιακες παπαριες :protest:
Άβαταρ μέλους
By Geo f1
#438440 Angry Alonso left a hole in the wall after Singapore exit

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Fernando Alonso says he left a fist-sized hole in the wall of his private drivers’ room in Singapore, after anger got the better of him following his first-corner exit.

The Spaniard had looked set to challenge for a surprise podium at the Marina Bay circuit after making a brilliant start and jumping up to third around the outside of Turn 1.

However, he got taken out in the collision between Kimi Raikkonen and Max Verstappen – and was pitched off the track. Although able to get going again, his car was damaged and he was eventually forced to retire.

Speaking in Malaysia on Thursday, Alonso says that his disappointment turned to anger when he watched a replay and realised how big an opportunity he had lost which is when he punched the wall in anger.

When asked by Motorsport.com about leaving a hole, Alonso said: “Yes... it is still there! It was frustration.

“When I saw the replay, and when I saw [Sebastian] Vettel spinning out of Turn 3, we were just behind Lewis [Hamilton], and we were on the right tyre at that moment.

“So we could even try to overtake him if the moment arrives. Then probably, we lose one or two positions, but not more because it is a street circuit, no one will overtake you.

“And that podium could have been one of the biggest things of my career and we missed it.”

While Alonso has dealt with his fair share of frustrations during his return to McLaren, he says Singapore hurt particularly badly because it could have been such a good result.

“Definitely it was another frustrating time,” he said. “Sometimes we are slow and we are uncompetitive and cannot do anything, like Spa and Monza.

“Then we wait for this couple of circuits where we know we are competitive, plus we had the rain, plus we were second or third in that moment in the corner. I think a podium was guaranteed in Singapore and a podium was probably the biggest achievement of the last decade for me.

“So, we missed that. But I tend to think positive always, and if that had to happen this year it is because destiny wanted that, and it is taking care of our luck for better opportunities.”

Pushed further on whether he believed in destiny, Alonso said: “I believe things happen because they have to happen.

"I really think that all the things that happen in a race or happen in a championship or in your life, there is maybe a reason behind. And that reason is because better times are coming, and I prefer to think that way.

Τι δυναμικος...Τι νευρο...
Αχχ